Stay with Us
Ronald McDonald House
Our Ronald McDonald House is located within minutes of the world-class pediatric hospital programs in Salt Lake City that serve the Intermountain Area and beyond.
Families who are being treated at our local hospitals, can find a home-away-from-home that includes free, comfortable lodging, transportation to and from the hospitals with our shuttle service, individually packaged meals and snacks, access to our beautiful backyard park, and tickets to community attractions and events as available.
The criteria for eligibility is below and if you have any questions, you can call the Ronald McDonald House directly at 801-363-4663.
Current Eligibility Requirements
- Must live more than 35 miles away from the referring hospital
- Vaccination Policy
- COVID-19: Eligible guests ages 12+ must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past the final dose of the series). Please be sure to bring your vaccination card with you upon check-in. Families can apply for a vaccination exemption for medical or religious reasons, based upon review and approval. This process can take up to a week. For more information about the vaccination exemption please call 801-363-4663
- MMR: all guests need to be current with their MMR shots
- Flu Shots: Between October 1 – March 31, all guests must be up to date on their flu shots
A Hospital Referral is needed for every stay and can be arranged through your hospital’s social worker. If you do not know the specific social worker in your unit, you may call the numbers below for assistance:
- Primary Children’s Hospital (PCH) – 801-662-6559 (Family Support Services)
- Primary Children’s Hospital (PCH) – 801-662-1000 (main)
- University Hospital (UUMC) – 801-581-2121
- Shriner’s Hospital (SH) – 801-536-3500
- LDS Hospital (LDS) – 801-408-1100
- Moran Eye Center – 801-581-2352
- Intermountain Medical Center – 801-507-7000
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute – 801-583-2500
Please note, we are unable to guarantee a room more than 48 hours in advance
Once room availability has been confirmed, the following items must be provided:
- Photo ID for all guests 18 years and older.
- Signed Guidelines, Rules and Guest Agreement stating that you understand and agree to follow House Guidelines for all guests 18 and older. This includes our Infectious Disease Prevention and Control Policy, which states that anyone with an infectious disease, or who recently has been exposed to an infectious disease, must be denied admittance to a Ronald McDonald House. All House guests, staff, volunteers and visitors must be compliant with this policy for the well-being of all of our guests. Anyone with convictions, pending cases or investigations regarding child abuse, neglect, domestic violence or other violent crimes or felonies will not be admitted. You may print and sign guidelines from this website before arrival to shorten check-in time.
Additional items that may be required: Vaccination card (required) and any documents related to specific individual circumstances.
RMHC Main Desk: 801-363-4663
Fax Number: 801-363-0092
Address: 935 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84102